Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your device. Cookies contain uniquely generated references which are used to distinguish you from other users. They allow information gathered on one webpage to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing our Website to provide you with a personalised experience (like remembering your favourites) and provide us with statistics about how you interact with our Website.
Cookies are not harmful to your devices (like a virus or malicious code) but some individuals prefer not to share their information (for example, to avoid targeted advertising).
Different types of cookies
Session vs. persistent cookies: cookies have a limited lifespan. Cookies which only last a short time or end when you close your browser are called session cookies. Cookies which remain on your device for longer are called persistent cookies (these are the type of cookies allow websites to remember your details when you log back onto them).
First party vs third party cookies: cookies placed on your device by the website owner are called first party cookies. When the website owner uses other businesses’ technology to help them manage and monitor their website, the cookies added by the other business are called third party cookies.
Categories of cookies: cookies can be grouped by what they help the website or website owner do (the Purpose).
- Necessary cookies are cookies which help the Website to run properly (when they are strictly necessary cookies it means their only function is to help the website work).
- Performance cookies help a Website owner understand and analyse how Website visitors use their website.
- Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the Website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, etc.
- Marketing cookies tailor online adverts to reflect the content you have previously browse and help inform companies about your interests so they can show you relevant adverts.
- to track how visitors use our Website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our Website
- to keep you signed into our Website
The cookies we use are:
Cookie Purpose What it does How long it lasts
_gid. Analytics Tracking. Used to distinguish users. 24 Hrs
_ga. Analytics Tracking. Used to distinguish users. 2 Years
You can update your cookie settings on our Website by using our cookie banner, which you can access using the icon in the bottom left corner of each page.
You can choose to decline cookies but if you turn off necessary cookies, some pages and functions on our Website may not work properly. You can also manage cookies through your browser settings or device settings (your user manual should contain additional information).
You can also delete cookies directly with the relevant third parties (for example, you can disable Google Analytics on their website).